Thread: Member Names...

Default Member Names...

I have gained some feedback that the member names still aren't too popular. I was thinking of changing them again. I'm going with a High School theme. The new ones would be as follows:
    1: New Kid In School (0-15 posts)
    2: Freshman (15-30 posts)
    3: Climbing The Ranks (30-50)
    4: Sophomore (50-75)
    5: Getting Geek Cred (don't worry that's good nowadays) (75-100)
    6: Popular Junior (100-200)
    7: Desired Socialite (200-250)
    8: The Whole School Wants You (250-350)
    9: Senior (The Whole School Still Wants You) (350-500)
    10: Everybody Wants You/Valedictorian/Prom King/Queen (500-1000)
    11. Mr Belding (1000+)

Let me know what you all think. If you have any suggestions for changes or any new suggestions please let me know.

Also, do you all think we should have a "5 latest posts" and "5 latest threads" kind of split screen at the top of the home page. I'm a bit concerned now threads won't get the attention they used to but I still think it's important to have the 5 latest posts. let me know what you all think.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid" - Einstein
    "All things are possible for the one who believes" - Jesus
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand" - Vonnegut

Hmmm
    Who on earth is Mr. Belding?
    Well I'm an old guy: I think it sucks.
    Here's how an old guy who lives in the woods would do it...

1: Fungus.
    2: Acorn.
    3: Seedling.
    4: Tree.
    5: Firefly.
    6: Elf.
    7: Raccoon.
    8: Lynx.
    9: Cougar.
    10: Bear.

If you need an "11", then "TROLL"
    Just saying.

Crow, you are like the ads for Dodge cars and trucks. "Never Neutral" haha. I like them. We'll see
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid" - Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    Hmmm
    Who on earth is Mr. Belding?
    Well I'm an old guy: I think it sucks.
    Here's how an old guy who lives in the woods would do it...

Never seen the show Saved by the bell?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Never seen the show Saved by the bell?
    haha, exactly. I thought it would be funny to have that as the top rank. I might toss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Also, do you all think we should have a "5 latest posts" and "5 latest threads" kind of split screen at the top of the home page. I'm a bit concerned now threads won't get the attention they used to but I still think it's important to have the 5 latest posts. let me know what you all think.
    If the forum software allows it, perhaps we could have separate pages for the latest posts / threads (more than 5... 30 or even 100), and put links to them on the home page?

To be honest I'm not really fond of the highschool theme either. Most of these don't really say much to me. I'm not american and I don't know what the heck it means.

And I think I prefered the latest threads overview. I guess it helps the thread not to be forgotten...

And what about 5 latest threads in which new posts have been sent? Imho it looks a bit weird when there's 5 times a thread and only the people who have posted differ.

Hey Tom

I agree with you that it looks a bit wierd to have 5 responses to a certain thread only showing. I do think the best model is to have a split screen of 5 latest threads and 5 latest posts. I think if we do not have either of those, then people might miss either the latest threads or miss out on what the latest posts are. Orotongo, I respectfully disagree that we should have seperate pages for those 2 things. I don't think people would go to them. I think people want a one-stop-shop front page that shows all the updates.

In regards to the names associated with number of posts, we will scrap the High School theme. We'll hopefully get a good theme at some point. We'll do some brainstorming. I will try to get Henryk on these things as he is the one with access to the software. I have been pushing for the 5 latest posts/5 latest threads for a while. Hopefully it comes to fruition.

The current mod I installed for the latest threads/posts allows either or. I enabled 3 latest posts and the 3 latest threads. I wasn't able to put them side by side yet but I limited it to the 3 latest for both so it doesn't take up too much screen real estate with them stacked on top of each other.
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/groups/98233252577/"]Click to join the Stuttering Community official Facebook Group![/URL]