Thread: Television - How much you worry about the children in india ?

Default Television - How much you worry about the children in india ?

Television is no longer merely the drug of the nation. In Australia, young children spend more time watching television than any other activity. In the united states of america they spend minimum 1 to 2 hours every day. In Britain, they spend 5 hours, watching, playing computer games or one line every day. In india, so many channels, comedy channel, serial channel, news channel, spirituality channel, children channel and this in every languages and children concentrate more on televsion than their education and also becoming lazy in their own routine works. Televisions making the children good or bad ? In Australia, they are planning to restrict television.

I used to watch a good amount of tv and played a lot of videogames... but now I feel guilty because I can be learning italian, playing guitar, or educating myself. I think it's a phase that some kids grow out of. But I'm surprised that kids in america spend less than kids in Britain.
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/groups/98233252577/"]Click to join the Stuttering Community official Facebook Group![/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by henryk View Post
    . But I'm surprised that kids in america spend less than kids in Britain.
    I thought it was too cold for UK kids to go outside all year round lol

Well I don't watch television that much, but I don't go a day without few hours on computer. I don't really feel bad though. I think that if you use it correcly, it won't do you much harm. I watch tv shows on my laptop and I think it has helped me a lot with my english. And my brother learned german (-not only-) by watching Cobra 11.

But I agree it can cause me some problems. E.g. I used to learn while watching tv, so I'd have my notebook just open and wouldn't pay attention to what was written there so I wouldn't learn anything. And eversince I got my laptop, my grades got a LOT worse

Quote Originally Posted by grantm View Post
    I thought it was too cold for UK kids to go outside all year round lol
    UK kids must be a lot tougher than Ozzie kids lol

Quote Originally Posted by henryk View Post
    I'm surprised that kids in america spend less than kids in Britain.
    Not necessarily; the figures given for the US are TV hours only, while those for Britain are TV, video games and time spent online:
    Quote Originally Posted by mauricetefft View Post
    In Britain, they spend 5 hours, watching, playing computer games or one line every day.
    Personally I don't have a TV and haven't had one in 13 years. I do watch TV shows on my laptop, but that's very infrequent, like one show a year.