Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuttering Community Title

Quote Originally Posted by findingmyway View Post
    so you are handing out "cures" huh?

I will take 1 please

In all seriousness however you changed the title or if you have not yet I found this site through google. I posted sometimes on stuttering forums but that site seems to only update once every 10 to 12 days (at least for me) so my replays go to nowhere and then pop up a week later. I hope this one runs like a normal forum. It was very difficult to get discussions going on the other stuttering forum

ps. Final fantasy fan from the avatar?
    It's good that you found this through google because others will also. I will never moderate this forum in a way that makes you wait for your post because I think that's counterintuitive to a successful forum.

And yes I'm a FF fan! I just got FFXIII.
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/groups/98233252577/"]Click to join the Stuttering Community official Facebook Group![/URL]

The "cure" issue is a tough one... Yes, it helps attract Google traffic, but breaks the integrity if there is no cure talk on here.
    The problem with the word "cure" is that no definite cure is known and the Web is full of stuttering cure scams, but, like SouthPaw, I wouldn't dismiss any notion of a cure just because of that.
    I think the idea of a cure has a place on this forum; for example, in the context of scientific research into a possible cure, relation between a possible cure and growing out of childhood stuttering, or hypothetical / theoretical / philosophical discussions of "what does it mean to you to be cured of stuttering", "what would you do if you woke up cured" etc.
    I think we could use a very broad section titled Stuttering Cure, which would encompass all the above PLUS debunking the stuttering cure myths / scams (which is what the current
    Cure Mumbo Jumbo section is about...).
    In that case, having the word "Cure" in the title tags for SEO would be justified IMO.

Default Partial cure?

Quote Originally Posted by Otorongo View Post
    The "cure" issue is a tough one... Yes, it helps attract Google traffic, but breaks the integrity if there is no cure talk on here.
    The problem with the word "cure" is that no definite cure is known and the Web is full of stuttering cure scams, but, like SouthPaw, I wouldn't dismiss any notion of a cure just because of that.
    I think the idea of a cure has a place on this forum; for example, in the context of scientific research into a possible cure, relation between a possible cure and growing out of childhood stuttering, or hypothetical / theoretical / philosophical discussions of "what does it mean to you to be cured of stuttering", "what would you do if you woke up cured" etc.
    I think we could use a very broad section titled Stuttering Cure, which would encompass all the above PLUS debunking the stuttering cure myths / scams (which is what the current
    In that case, having the word "Cure" in the title tags for SEO would be justified IMO.
    Good points. Also there is the concept of "partial cure". For instance, I no longer stutter on my name, after having worked on that intensively. In other areas of speech I also feel cured in that I no longer stutter there or have speaking fears, for instance when ordering food. Things that were previous stressors no longer cause stress, though I believe there will always be a POTENTIAL to stutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Good points. Also there is the concept of "partial cure". For instance, I no longer stutter on my name, after having worked on that intensively. In other areas of speech I also feel cured in that I no longer stutter there or have speaking fears, for instance when ordering food. Things that were previous stressors no longer cause stress, though I believe there will always be a POTENTIAL to stutter.
    Totally AGREE! Those who outgrown their stuttering still and always will be Potential to stutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Otorongo View Post
    Yeah, I think we should tinker with this issue. I am getting back to aplace where I will have more time for the forum. Henryk and I are having a chat this week and I will try to remember to bring this up. Remi and Grant you are free to join us if you want. Let me know on here or on facebook. I know it is hard to get us all together at one time with the time zone differences though.

I do think it is of very high importance to direct google search traffic here though. However, the integrity issue obviously poses some challenges. I think it is possible to get the SEO benefits yet maintain high integruty. We'll figure it out.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid" - Einstein
    "All things are possible for the one who believes" - Jesus
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand" - Vonnegut

Another popular type of binary options - options is "touch» («touch»). With this type of trade binary options is determined by the outcome of the transaction reaching (or not reaching) a barrier that allows the investor to make a deal with the development of the market in a certain direction (when the market reaches a certain level). The broker of the same type as the AnyOption, investors are asked to select a certain barrier or threshold, as well as the expiry date of the transaction. Sometimes transaction for options of shooting going on the whole weekend.

[url=http://www.hmaloha.com/]astaxanthin[/url]