Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuttering Community Title

Cool Stuttering Community Title

I'm changing the name of the community so it could be better picked up by google so we can get more members so I'm thinking of making the title of the site this:

Stuttering Community - Forum - Therapy, Help, Medication, Cure

However, I don't like the word "Cure" in the title since I personally don't believe there is a cure and that we should just be ok with our stutter and that it will get better through practice and confidence. However, having "cure" in the title will put us higher on google. Can you guys give me some opinions on a title?

Thanks!
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/groups/98233252577/"]Click to join the Stuttering Community official Facebook Group![/URL]

Hmm I think you know my opinion on "cure" also. but if it helps with rankings and attracting active members then perhaps it is a necessary evil.

Henryk and I are discussing the title. We plan to adjust the word cure to something like "Cure Mumbo Jumbo" or something. We feel that the strength of our site is in the integrity and putting up just "Cure" would infringe on that. We are with you Grant and will be sure to follow our morals. However, I am a person who believes in possibility. I do not want to be a site that completely dismisses any notion of a cure. To me, that is indicative of personal scars shaping an opinion. I would guess some people have been cured and I am not one to discourage those who think this is possible. After all, a quote I admire goes "All things are possible for the one who believes."
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid" - Einstein
    "All things are possible for the one who believes" - Jesus
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand" - Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by grantm View Post
    Hmm I think you know my opinion on "cure" also. but if it helps with rankings and attracting active members then perhaps it is a necessary evil.
    o grant, i believe we all know your opinions on "cure" lol only kidding!

true and possibilities are out there.

Interesting question! How about adding "Control" or "Management"? Then again I agree with Southpaw that "cure" should not completely be dismissed. There have been real cures even though few and far between (perhaps due to drastically reduced stress levels). Maybe "Therapy, Help, Medication, Management and perhaps a Cure"

If people feel strongly about it, what about just putting "Discussion of" in front of the whole thing? Then you're not saying people will learn about actual cures, just saying that there will be discussion about them.

"Stuttering Community - Forum - Discussion of Therapy, Help, Medication, Cure"

I think the way it is now is fine though. Adding extra terms to the title can also dilute the effect of existing terms.

Quote Originally Posted by drederick View Post
    If people feel strongly about it, what about just putting "Discussion of" in front of the whole thing? Then you're not saying people will learn about actual cures, just saying that there will be discussion about them.

"Stuttering Community - Forum - Discussion of Therapy, Help, Medication, Cure"

I think the way it is now is fine though. Adding extra terms to the title can also dilute the effect of existing terms.
    I initially thought of putting the same thing but Google likes things nice and concise and adding terms wouldn't help on searches.
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/groups/98233252577/"]Click to join the Stuttering Community official Facebook Group![/URL]

so you are handing out "cures" huh?

I will take 1 please

In all seriousness however you changed the title or if you have not yet I found this site through google. I posted sometimes on stuttering forums but that site seems to only update once every 10 to 12 days (at least for me) so my replays go to nowhere and then pop up a week later. I hope this one runs like a normal forum. It was very difficult to get discussions going on the other stuttering forum

ps. Final fantasy fan from the avatar?

Welcome findingmyway. Your posts should appear as soon as you post