Thread: Adding some ads to the bottom of the site

Post Adding some ads to the bottom of the site

Hey everyone,

I just want to let you know that I'm going to put some google ads on the bottom of Stuttering Community. The site has been completely free for nearly 2 years and will still be free but I just want to get some revenue for the hosting, domain, and the software. I made sure to put the ads at the bottom so they are completely non-intrusive to you guys.

Also, please note that there might be some shitty ads poping up for "stuttering cures" and I will try to limit those as much as possible. I will play around with these ads and try to only display ads that keeps the communities integrity and that would be associate with us.

Thank for understanding guys!
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/groups/98233252577/"]Click to join the Stuttering Community official Facebook Group![/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by henryk View Post

Also, please note that there might be some shitty ads poping up for "stuttering cures" and I will try to limit those as much as possible. I will play around with these ads and try to only display ads that keeps the communities integrity and that would be associate with us.
    No problems, but try to keep those cure adds to a minimum. We do not want to be strongly associated with those out for quick buck artists

Quote Originally Posted by grantm View Post
    No problems, but try to keep those cure adds to a minimum. We do not want to be strongly associated with those out for quick buck artists
    Ya I really don't like those ads. I'm actually going to add a Cure Mumbojumbo forum so members can post about these.
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/groups/98233252577/"]Click to join the Stuttering Community official Facebook Group![/URL]

Yes Grant we are with you. The strength of our forum is in its integrity. We will work diligently to only have ads that we feel are respectable.

I must mention that google has a good amount of control over the ads that pop up on our site unfortunately. This could cause an occasional ad that we do not approve of. We will certainly work to manipulate the ads to being respectable as best as we can. Any disreputable ad is unacceptable in our eyes.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid" - Einstein
    "All things are possible for the one who believes" - Jesus
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand" - Vonnegut