Thread: Official Stuttering Community Conference Call...

Default Official Stuttering Community Conference Call...

I will be hosting a conference call for all the members of Stuttering Community this Saturday @ 2PM Eastern Standard Time (US). My skype name is Matthew.OMalley.1 - just send me a message and I will add you to the chat.

I would like to say that there is nothing to be afraid of in these conference calls. We know there are people coming from all different backgrounds and different levels and stages of stuttering. You are all very welcome and believe me, there is no judgment. That is the entire point of these calls; for people to connect and learn etc without judgment. I am sure there are some members who have never spoken with another person who stutters in their lives. There is nothing to be afraid of.

If you would like, you may even join in on the conversation and just listen to see what they are about without talking. That's completely understandable. If you don't like it, just leave and at least you gave it a shot. Just send me a message saying you just want to listen and that's just what you'll do

The journey of stuttering takes courage no matter which way you go. Whether it be hiding all the time with the occasional awkward situation or going out in the world and facing it and growing with it. I would suggest the latter for us all. For some, joining the call would be a big act of courage. I hope to see many of you there. Again, just listen if you want.

If you're looking to grow, there is no better opportunity to start stepping out of your shell a bit. If you won't join in on a conference call where everybody understands and knows where your coming from then I'm not sure where one would.

On a personal note, when someone comes to the call I don't see stuttering and embarassment, I see courage.

Hope to meet some new people!

Edit:
    Also, in case you don't have skype, it is very very simple. Just go to [url]www.skype.com[/url] and download it. It is completely free. The only thing you need is any kind of microphone (often comes with computers or you can buy 1 for as cheap as a few dollars (US)). Once downloaded, there is a "Skype Test Call" to test your audio settings. I suggest you use this to make sure your settings allow for us to hear you and you to hear us. You literally will be up and running within a few minutes. Skype is a good program.
    Last edited by Southpaw; 02-18-2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Skype Info
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid" - Einstein
    "All things are possible for the one who believes" - Jesus
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand" - Vonnegut

I will be joining as well!
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/groups/98233252577/"]Click to join the Stuttering Community official Facebook Group![/URL]

I'll be there! and Southpaw... what a great introduction to the conference call

Hopefully I'll be able to make it this time. Thanks for the great work you're doing, Southpaw!

Thanks Southpaw, for setting up the conference call.
    Sorry your connection kept flaking out
    It was good to speak with you though.
    I enjoyed it much more than the first time, for some reason.
    I sometimes forget what I am doing and wonder why the person at the other end stutters sometimes.
    You spoke very well, I noticed.
    Good job!

Yeah sorry about the connection. It's not usually like that. Next conference call, it won't be like that. I enjoyed the chat as well. I hope to see you at the next one.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid" - Einstein
    "All things are possible for the one who believes" - Jesus
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand" - Vonnegut