Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mobile Skype

oh cool, so is there a camera on the face of the phone or do you have to look in a mirror?

I didn't even know the mobile version of Skype supported webcam. To be honest I don't use Skype + cam much anyway. Only need it if I am presenting something and that is fairly rare.

I use Skype on my iPhone every day mainly to call my family. Haven't used it outside the UK so no idea how it would work abroad... The video feature works well too, sometimes it loses signal but it's not too bad and most importantly, it's all free

I'm getting ready to get my first smartphone (i know pretty sad it took this long). I'll have to install the skype function. I also thought I heard something about facebook getting video chat. Anybody know anything about that?
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid" - Einstein
    "All things are possible for the one who believes" - Jesus
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand" - Vonnegut

Not sure about FB getting it but Google Plus definitely has it already.. Think it's the hangout function, kind of like a video conference with many people. Too bad I deleted my Google plus profile the other day lol :P

why did u delete it? lol

Because it's still very basic (read BORING) and I didn't like how it linked all my google info to my profile lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I'm getting ready to get my first smartphone (i know pretty sad it took this long). I'll have to install the skype function. I also thought I heard something about facebook getting video chat. Anybody know anything about that?
    I tried it with another member on here a few weeks back - either he had issues or I had issues but the whole experience was a downer in the end.

Google's Hangouts feature is nice since it can accommodate a few people simultaneously. Never tried it myself but it is one of the better features on there that is a real differentiating factor.

I actually just got a phone with skype capabilities. I have had a couple chats on it with some minor difficulties. On the first call I could not hear the other person unless I put it up to my ear. I think his mic settings were off though. On the 2nd call, my picture was always upside down. Let's hope the 3rd time is the charm as I think I could use this feature a decent amount.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid" - Einstein
    "All things are possible for the one who believes" - Jesus
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand" - Vonnegut

I actually skype into a meeting 100 kms away through to a guy's mobile skype platform. They place the phone on the meeting table and I interact through that