Heroes
    House
    Lost
    Supernatural
    Bones
    Family Guy
    American Idol
    Sex and the City.

Lost is the only show from the last decade that I find worth my time. And I love it.
    Season 6 is coming soon, or so I've heard.

I checked out some of the other shows that were recommended here and in other threads, and none of them kept me attention for even half an episode. Lost is in a league of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Otorongo View Post
    I checked out some of the other shows that were recommended here and in other threads, and none of them kept me attention for even half an episode. Lost is in a league of its own.
    I tried to watch Lost once, and had to stop half way through the first episode like you had to do w/ these other shows . The quality of the acting/directing/production just didn't seem up to par.

All the best shows seem to be from HBO. The Sopranos and Six Feet Under are the top two. Others that are good are: The Wire, Deadwood, Carnivale.

Lots of good US drama recently...

I'm enjoying Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Dexter and my current favourite True Blood (we're still waiting for series 2 in the UK and I think series 3 is about to start in the US).

The Shield was great, I used to enjoy 24 too, but haven't watched it series 3.
    There was also a show called Jericho which was based around events in a fictitious small town in Kansas in the aftermath of a massive nuclear strike on the US. It featured all kinds of conspiracies and was a fairly thinly veiled commentary on the Iraq war, the use of private military contractors and the way in which FEMA was unable to cope in the wake of Katrina. It had loads of potential, but was cancelled after 2 series.

Unbelievably, I still haven't watched The Wire in spite of the wall-to-wall hype.

As previously mentioned by another Brit, Peep Show is incredible, I also liked the Armando Ianucci Shows, the IT Crowd and going back a little...Garth Marenghi's Dark Place, Nathan Barley, Monkey Dust, The Day Today, Brass Eye and this Canadian series called Trailer Park Boys.

Kitchen Nightmares USA is my guilty pleasure along with the so bad it's good Snog Marry Avoid and Take Me Out (terrible dating/makeover shows).

my favorite shows are :
    DEXTER
    BREAKING BAD
    SKINS and
    LOST

These are mine favourite shows :-
    1.Raw
    2.Mythbusters
    3.Survivor
    4.Family Guy
    5.Locked Up Abroad

Dexter -> Sons of Anarchy -> Fringe -> Supernatural

To be honest most US shows are pretty great at the moment so anything from the US which doesn't have Vampires and isn't aimed towards Teenage girls