Thread: Google Operating System: Will you Download?

Default Google Operating System: Will you Download?

We mentioned this morning in an earlier post that Google announced that they are to launch Google Chrome OS some time in 2010. Google Chrome is a browser and is used by millions around the world; this is because it performs much faster than Internet Explorer.

Google thought that they would build from this and offer an Operating System version of its popular browser. The open source code for Chrome OS will be released towards the end of 2009, which is perfect timing for when Microsoft launches Windows 7.

Those who purchase a desktop PC or Netbook in 2010 will not have the choice of what OS they wish to run, but what one would you choose. Most might say that they will stick with Windows as they feel safe with the software, but it is no secret that Windows always have problems and hogs so much system resources.

It will be interesting to see how much faster a PC or Netbook will perform while running Google Chrome OS.

At the moment i am happy with Windows

I remember the beta of this being modded to run on virtual machines. Might try it on my laptop once I get my battery replaced.

With so many Linux distributions out there, this Google OS better perform above and beyond.
    Last edited by bebop; 02-02-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grantm View Post
    At the moment i am happy with Windows
    Same here. And since I love to game on my PC and most games only run under Windows I won't switch anytime soon either.

I'm not a big fan of Google Inc. To many privacy suspicions around this corporation.
    About the OS,honestly i will not install it,because it's more like a cloud OS.Most applications will need internet connection,so i will pass this one.
    I like Windows,i wish i could try Mac OS at least in a virtual machine and i would really like to learn Linux ,just to have a option to MS Windows.

If it's really good enough to work then will surely download it.

[URL="http://www.karinherzog.com/fr"]cosmétique suisse [/URL]

It is a pity, that now I can not express - it is compelled to leave. I will be released - I will necessarily express the opinion.

The very nice information shared on this post that provide information about Google operating system. I have got the good information about Google operating system which is very useful for me or other peoples. Thanks for sharing this information.