Thread: A cure ?

Default A cure ?

Hello everybody!

How's it going ? n_n

I want to share my experiences with you all guys, If I can at least inspire one soul then it will be all worthy, look, I haven't figured it out yet how to be 100% fluent and I don't want to bore you with the hell I've gone through, everybody knows what it feels like, but I can tell you what and how I have been able to improve it and to get it out of the way, first off, come on ! you can do whatever a fluent person can do !!! look, I've got a job where I've got to speak on the phone and with people DAILY, did my stuttering stop me ? it didn't, I came up to the girl I like, gave her a heart-shaped lollipop and talked to her for some minutes, even though I was scared stiff, did that stop me ? of course not, I have been congratulated by my teachers after giving presentations in front of the class, I wanna make it clear, I don't want to come off as arrogant or nothing of the sort, my point is that don't go around anything, go straight and do what you want to do, go get the job you want, go talk to the girl you like, go and just talk ! I know easier said than done but you only live once, you will regret more the things that you didn't do than the things you did, so please, be brave and face your fears ! I know it's tough, it's daunting, but please, free yourself and break those chains.

On to the things that have helped me improve it, well, the most cliché things have been the ones that have helped me the most, relax when talking, enjoy the moment, be happy, believe in yourself, have a positive attitude, and if you fail, shake the dust off yourself and do it again, look fear in the face and show it what you're made of, the key to freeing yourself is withing yourself, don't give a damn about people who say it cannot be overcome 'cuz I'm telling you, it CAN be overcome, most of the times we're so worried and focused on what and how we're gonna say something that you forget that words by themselves are beautiful, find the beauty in words, it's all about the will to improve it and puttting your heart on it

I know that what I wrote is not anything different from what you've seen, but please, don't leave your voices in the shadows, hang in there pals !! just hang in there and BE STRONG !

If you need someone to talk with, you can find me on the voice chatting on sharedtalk.com, my nickname is "Nick", I'm online right now, feel free to talk with me

Thank you very much for reading this.
    Last edited by FreeYourself; 03-08-2013 at 04:06 AM.

When dealing with stuttering people often seem to suggest that fear and lack of confidence have played a major role in triggering their stuttering problem. However, I often find myself in environment where I am very comfortable and have no fear whatsoever, I find myself still struggling to talk. In the beginning of a conversation, I may speak with less difficulties, but as time goes by things become really hard for me. It's clear that stress plays a major role concerning provoking your speech disorder problem.

When I was a teenager I visited a joke site often, with funny memes and joke categories. It also have live phone pranks, where you chose a prank and someone from the site called someone of your choosing and pranked them while you could listen in. There were a few categories, like an angry delivery man sent to the wrong place etc. One of these was a stutter "prank", which involved the site calling someone, and stuttering very badly to see how long it took for the other person to "get fed up" and hang up. I was really bruised by this and hated the thought that there could have been people who took advantage of this prank and my condition was made such a joke. I was only in my mid-teens at the time and was convinced if I got in touch I'd be ignored or laughed off, so got in touch with the site posing as a concerned parent.

Last edited by qaism; 10-21-2014 at 10:39 AM.