Thread: Stargate Atlantis

Default Stargate Atlantis

Season 5 of stargate atlantis was recently released and I'm getting the discs from Netfix. I just finished the first disc, and I'm not as hooked as I was with the previous seasons. Maybe it will pick up and become a bit more interesting a few episodes down the road.

Season 5 surely wasn't the best season of Stargate Atlantis. Especially the ending of the season (and show) was lackluster. But it was still pretty good. Episodes later on get a bit better.

I personally like SG 1 over SGA though. Looking forward to Stargate Universe. Hope its as good as the first two Stargate shows. Any idea when it starts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Season 5 surely wasn't the best season of Stargate Atlantis. Especially the ending of the season (and show) was lackluster. But it was still pretty good. Episodes later on get a bit better.

I personally like SG 1 over SGA though. Looking forward to Stargate Universe. Hope its as good as the first two Stargate shows. Any idea when it starts?
    SGA has ended?
    What's this Stargate Universe?

It hasn't officially ended yet, since they are shooting one or two DVD movies to finish the story up. But there won't be anymore new seasons.

And Stargate Universe is the newest Stargate show. Read more about it here : [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Universe[/url]

Well at least the Stargate francise won't die. But I will miss all of the characters on Stargate Atlantis, just like I do with the characters from SG1. However, maybe Colonal Shapard and McKay will somehow timewarp or something to meet up with the SGU team for one episode. hah

Would be sweet. Those two are my favorite characters of SGU, together with Todd the wraith. But so far nothing is known about that. Some SG 1 characters will be in some of the episodes though.

Cool, I thought Stargate fans were a rare breed lol. I can't wait for SGU, it's supposed to bring a more dramatic edge to the franchise, I'm not sure if that's what I want but I'm looking forward to it since it's another Stargate show. I believe it starts October 3...or maybe the 9th? Also, I believe the new season of Sanctuary starts around the same time.

Did anyone see the pilot of Stargate Universe? I checked it out today. It was better then I had expected. Though I have to admit I had very low expectations of it. Still not sure if I will like it as much as SG 1 and SGA. The series seems to have taken a different route.

I saw it on hulu the other night and I'm liking it more than SGA for sure. It looks a bit more dark and more mature than SGA.