Thread: True Blood

Default True Blood

Has anyone watched True Blood? I've been getting the first season from netflix and it's pretty good. It's pretty much about vampires and sex. One of the main actresses is Rogue from Xmen 1.

I watched it. It's quite good indeed. It's more about vampires than sex, to be honest, but there's a bit of both. I don't quite know who is the actress whole played in Xmen 1, but I do like a lot the actress who plays Sookie. She has a very natural kind of beauty.

Ah..yes i remember this tv show.i was watching tv and stumbled upon it but i'm not a big fan of vampires so...I think it's a hbo production.

My favourite!

I was sorely tempted to volunteer for the graveyard shift at work tonight, just because Season 2 begins tonight in the UK. However, it's on FX which I haven't got, but my workplace does.

Lame.

I've got to wait til' May now for the DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Not Quite The Second View Post
    but I do like a lot the actress who plays Sookie. She has a very natural kind of beauty.
    Anna Paquin, she's gorgeous.

I think she's a Kiwi

I only caught one of the nude scenes. And no, it doesn't make me feel ashamed to say so.

Interesting show, considering the foreign lead has to don a Southern US accent (as I recall from some interview he did). But in my mind, vampires are killers first, lovers second. I can't support a show that overlooks the "sucks your blood and leaves you for food" part.

Quote Originally Posted by bebop View Post
    I only caught one of the nude scenes. And no, it doesn't make me feel ashamed to say so.

Interesting show, considering the foreign lead has to don a Southern US accent (as I recall from some interview he did). But in my mind, vampires are killers first, lovers second. I can't support a show that overlooks the "sucks your blood and leaves you for food" part.
    Both leads are 'foreign'...

Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) is a New Zealander and Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) is British.

Several other cast members hail from outside the US too, including Area 5 'Sheriff' Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) who is Swedish.

American television is full of foreign actors, particularly Brits...from House to Lost via The Wire, E.R and countless others.

Pretty amazing considering most Americans can't even easily do a Southern accent without offending several states.

American actors/actresses seem to mainly work on comedies.