Thread: xbox live voice chat?

Default xbox live voice chat?

ohkay, so i was playing on ive the other day, and this guy wanted to start a voice chat with me. i knew who he was, b/c i play with him online all the time. but this is the first time he wanted to voice chat with me. i got nervous and denied it b/c he duzint know i stutter. what should i do? i know it duzint sound like anything big, but i get afraid of even the smallest of things.

help anyone? //:

I'm not sure how the chat works but I'm guessing you might be actually playing a game as you were talking in which case you might not stutter too much anyway as you will be concentrating on the gameplay. Even if you do stutter it is probably still worth giving it a go. I know it is easier said than done but why should you miss out because of your stutter?

I think for most people who stutter, things like this pop up all the time, so I think others can relate to even the smallest things being affected in their lives so I think people can relate when you say, "I know it seems small", but to most who stutter, it is not.

I would recommend that you go ahead and do the voice chat. If you want, just tell him/her that you stutter in the beginning and if he/she minds then who cares. Without more information though it is really kind of hard to give advise. I think everyone's situation is a bit unique and each person's way to improving speech/attitude/life is different. However, as a general rule, in my opinion it is probably better not to avoid situations because of a stutter.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid" - Einstein
    "All things are possible for the one who believes" - Jesus
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand" - Vonnegut

Where do you stand with this guy? Do you actually like him and are you afraid you will scare him off if you do stutter? If that's the case you shouldn't even give him the time of day. In any other case, any friend won't think less of you if you do stutter. And if you do stutter, who cares? Don't hold yourself back becuase of stuttering. Besides, I'm sure you wouldn't mind practicing because practice is a key factor to becoming fluent.

i knew who he was, b/c i play with him online all the time. but this is the first time he wanted to voice chat with me.
    i got nervous and denied it b/c he duzint know i stutter.
    Last edited by hanifkhan; 01-10-2015 at 07:35 AM.